Cancer Community
Swollen Stomach Lymph Nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Swollen Stomach Lymph Nodes

hi, i'm 19 years old, female, and my entire life i have struggled with very severe and persistent stomach pains. the past 3 weeks have been incredibly hard for me. i'm currently enrolled in university and with my sickness it has been hard to be in class everyday. i have been in the hospital ER three times in the past week and no one can seem to figure out why i am in so much pain. they keep telling me that i have IBS, which would make sense i guess, but none of the medications they give me seem to work.
they ran tests on my gall bladder which came back fine and they have run many blood and urine tests and say that everything is normal.
the last time i was in the ER, however, they did a CT scan and found that i have swollen lymph nodes in my stomach. i was merely sent home after given some morphine. my family doctor called me a few days later to ask how my pain was in my stomach, but it is still severe. she said that she was concerned about the swollen lymph nodes that the CT scan found but she did not tell me why she was concerned or what it could mean. i have not heard back from anyone and i'm stuck up here in college, worried that there might be something really wrong with me.
what sort of things can cause swollen lymph nodes in the stomach??
i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.
thanks, i'm desperate for help...
:(

This discussion is related to Enlarged lymph nodes in the stomach - please help..
I would call her back and ask. What size is it and do you have any other symptoms with it? I would call until you get an answer. You probobly need t get it biopsied. Don't panic, though. I am not trying to scare you, but severe stomache pain and the node being swollen is something to keep on her about. Good luck Ask a doctor on here. This is my first night on here and I am still figuring things out.
hi. im 24 years old and i am also worried about the lumps in my belly. i can actually feel many lsmall lumps in my belly. I haven't seen any doctor yet. I am afraid if this could be cancer or what. This could also be swollen lymph nodes like you...i am afraid of what the doctor would find out about this....
hi. im 24 years old and i am also worried about the lumps in my belly. i can actually feel many small lumps in my belly. I haven't seen any doctor yet. I am afraid if this could be cancer or what. This could also be swollen lymph nodes like yours...i am afraid of what the doctor would find out about this....
My daughter is doing the exact same thing you are doing. We have made an appointment with the doctor for tomorrow. If you happen to find out why you have this problem please let me know. This has been a mystery for us. Thank you, Vickie
I have the same problem and they are sending me to two cancer specialist to see what is up .
when I find something out from the cancer drs I will post it and let you all know. This seems to be very common theses days.
                                               thanks Dawn    and may god bless everyone
hi all,

Can anybody please help on this.  I have 5 lymphnodes swollen in my stomach.
Last year, CAT Scan was done and biopsy which was non-conclusive.

due to clinical symptoms like weight loss, fever in evening i was given tuberculosis
medicine.

After 6 months again CT scan was done which did show a slight decrease in nodes.

i was again given Tuberculosis medicine for next 6 months, now 3 days
before the doctor said the CT is still stagnant. but again i have to take medicine for
next 3 months.

Now, i m confused shld i take gastrointestinal docotr sugestion or take more medicine

DO THE LYMPH NODES DOES NOT COMES BACK TO ORIGINAL SIZE