Cancer Community
Swollen armpit to breast area both sides

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I need some help.

About 4 years ago I was diagnosed veyr early with melanoma and everything is now fine.
However, since September I have noticed small lumps in my armpits.  I saw my primary who said to not be too concerned.  The skin check I go to (from the melanoma) said it could be nothing and not to be too concerned.
Well, over time (from last September to now - April) the swolleness and soreness has gone from both armpits to the breast area.  I went to see my primary care the other day and she noted a lump in the breast as well as the pre-described.
I am scared.  I have two young children.  There is not specifically a history of breast or lymphatic cancer in my family but there is a history of ovarian/cervical types.  
The primary care got me in to some appointments within 2 weeks (which is next week).  One day for some scans, etc.  The second day to go over the finding with a breast surgeon.
Some of my concern, other than how I feel and I feel I am in tune with my sefl in that way, is how I feel .. since September...that something is wrong.  The other concern is not that my primary care is concerned to get me in right away.
What could this be?  I cannot help but stress about this.
Any comments or insight is very much appreciated.