Swollen cervical glands and cough in 4 year old - very worried
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on these symptoms. My daugher is 4 years old and has had swollen cervical lymph glands for over two years, more recently they are more swollen and more plentiful, not painful.  She has two large glands, 3-4cm diametre on both sides of her neck and several small pea sized glands on both sides as well.  She has been complaining of stomach pain and has also had a persistant cough for over a year. She seems to tire easily when playing. I've only recently seen our GP, blood test results show RBC (hemaglobin) to be 11.2, WBC were normoal as well as thyroid and kidneys.  she is being referred to a pediatrician, but the GP said it could take up to 6 weeks!!!
Should I push for a chest x-ray and biopsy?  GP said there is nothing he can do to get the appointment sooner because he symptoms have been around for so long another 6 weeks isn't going to make any difference.  I think she may have lymphoma after reading symptoms online.  I'm worried because her symptoms have been around for so long but I've been brushing them off as nothing and now feel really guilty.

This discussion is related to Enlarged Lymph Nodes in Neck.