Swollen lymph nodes for >one month
I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for over one month. The nodes were incredibly swollen for about 2-3 days and since then have consistently been slightly swollen and slightly tender. Other minor symptoms include trouble swallowing (or at least perceived trouble swallowing) neck pain, slight stiffness, and feeling my heart beat in my neck. I do not have a sore throat, and I do not have allergies. I have seen a doctor twice about this and he is not concerned and has brushed it off as allergies, a respiratory or sinus infection, or as a side effect of dental work. None of these reasons really make sense to me. Are there other possible explanations?
Swollen lymph nodes have many causes. They are mostly due to simple, trivial reasons.
They swell due to any infection/allergy in that area and will get subsided when time passes. If they occur sudden and acutely there is nothing to fear.

As your clinician is not concerned he might have thought about it after thorough examination. The most common reason might be an allergy, sinus or respiratory infection.Sometimes people have stones in tonsils or infected tonsils and you cannot swallow, they are tender and painful and are not life threatening.

Please follow the instructions and take the medications prescribed to you.
If they do not subside then i advise you to go to another clinician to confirm your fears and doubts.

Please take care!