Cancer Community
Swollen lymphnodes all over body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Swollen lymphnodes all over body

I am 63 year old female.  about three months ago, I started getting severe weakness come over my body, and lymph nodes all over my body are swollen.  also, looks like a big fist in my abdomen and swollen across the navel.  feels like the size of a watermelon inside.  also, lung problems with bad bronchistis started at same time.  went to urgent care.  they said i have bronchitis and but me on breathing treatments and sent me home.  i am diabetic and heart patient with CABG time 3 in 2002.  also two heart sents, and RCA is 100 % blocked, not fixable.  the lymp nodes are the worst,  my body all swollen and burning.  i dont know what to think.  also, i have thyroid nodules on the right side, have had them for many years, have had them tested and biopsided abott six years ago, they were benign then.  but hard to swallow.  my primary care doc did order the following tests a few days ago, but i dont have results yet.  he ordered:  TSH, FREE T3, FREE T4, CEA, ANA W/REFLEX, CBC, SED RATE, ALFAFETOPROTEIN.  can someone out there please let me know what all this might be?  i am suffereing so much.  thanks!
Looks like the physician has ordered some cancer markers, CEA and AFP.

Any night sweats or other symptoms?

Difficult to say whether this is cancer or not......definitely needs to be ruled out ASAP.  Another possibility is something autoimmune.
Thank you so much for being kind enough to reply to my question!  I still have not heard back from my primary care about the blood work.  I know they are busy with just getting back into the office after the holidays.  I went to ER on 12-31-2012, with severe abdominal pains and my entire abdomen is full of fluid.  also shortness of breath.  they did blood work.  they did ct scan and chest xray.  said my heart is enlarged.  blood work was all out of whack.  i have massive colon issues, but they said the ct of abdomen was ok.  i am looking at all the ER records now.  i always get copies.  anyway, all the lymp nodes in my body are still swollen and about to burst.  it feels like my body is going to explode from all the swelling and fluids.  one of the ER doctors came in and said she was going to admit me.  then another ER doctor came in behind her and said he was going to send me home.  so they handed me a dose of a lactulose and sent me home.  they didnt even check my heart or anything.  they never addressed any of the problems, but oh, they did say i have a bladder infection.  sent me home with nothing except the laxative.  i am about to lose my mind.  i will appreciate any ideas that you or anyone may have.  and thank you again for responding.  i am just devastated and so sick i can hardly walk.    thank you.  p.s.  i am a type II diabetic and is not too well controlled.  never knew i had diabetes until open heart surgery in 2002.  they said i could have had it for about 30 years.  so alot of damage was already done i guess.  i am also allergic to gluten my doctor says.  whatever that is.  i guess its in bread??  sometimes i get a red rash across my face.  and am so weak.  i am reaching out to anyone on here that might be able to just, if nothing else, tell me that this will get better, what ever it is.  i cannot go through this alone, whatever it is.  thank you.
Are you kidding?  They send you home knowing your medical history?  And the lactulose was for what?  They said you had a "bladder infection" and gave you lactulose?  Oh my goodness.

You have a history of open heart surgery and they still sent you home after seeing that abnormal CT and abnormal bloodwork?  What kind of hospital is that?  Plus, your blood sugar is not well controlled.  This is surely a mess; a recipe for disaster.    

Hard to believe the CT of your abdomen came back ok.  Any history of liver issues?

Gluten allergy is usually associated with Celiac Disease.  Do you follow a special diet or not?

You better contact your PCP LIKE YESTERDAY AND NOT WAIT FOR HIS OFFICE TO CONTACT YOU before you get worse.