Cancer Community
Tender lymph node after surgery?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Tender lymph node after surgery?

Hi, i am 24 years old and i had surgery back in may to remove a large lump from my leg which had grown from the age of 18. it was what they suspected was a lipoma. So...here is where the story begins. I was then called back into the hospital where i was told that what had been removed was infact a Soft Tissue Sarcoma...(Low Grade) luckily. I then had to undergo mri of my chest (to make sure it never spread) and also another of my leg. before those results my surgeon had already told me that he reccomend that i go back in for surgery to remove a wider area of skin tissue etc....and now 2days after my surgery for that i have discovered (yesterday actually) that i have a very sore slightly enlarged lymph node just beside my groin on the side where i had surgery. now i suffer from anxiety and am totally freaking out incase this is something bad!!! :( can anyone tell me if this is normal for glands/nodes to become sore? i am really freaking out