Terrified - White patches in mouth
.I chew tobacco. My symptoms are painless white patches (sometimes accompanied with redness) usually in areas I chew at inner lip. The white patches(redness) come and go. If I stop chewing in that one spot it goes away. I have feeling that I need to swallow, like I have peice of food in throat, that come and goes. A bad taste in my mouth. The white patches do not scrape off but sometimes it can be scraped away when few days have passed. I am worried its cancer. I intend to quit chewing tomorrow with the help of nicotine gum. My habit isnt huge, about 1 can a week. I just hope I have made the decision to quit in time before cancer has begun. Any feed back about sypmtoms would be appreciated. I have doctors appt in 5 days. .
Well...this could be a NUMBER of things and would recommend you consult an Oral surgeon about this.