Cancer Expert Forum
Test results

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Test results
Good Morning Dr. Saini,

I just got the results back from my 3 months checkup after surgery for endometrial cancer.   All the tests results were normal.   However,   I am a little concerned about the CA125 it was 18.   I know this is in normal range but should it not be a lower amount since the surgery.   I don't know what is was before surgery in May but back in November 08 it was 8.

Anything suggestions or advice on this.   Thnaks.
It is great that the reports are all normal. Was the CA125 repeated in the same lab as the previous time?
Please be on regular follow up, and do not worry.
Good Luck!
Thanks for your response.   The CA125 was repeated in the same lab.
It may be a good idea to repeat the CA125 two months after the last test.
All the best!
I was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in August 2008.  Had chemo (5FU, cisplatin, taxotere, erbitux) and radiation (61.2 Gy), no surgery.   Treatments ended 12/31/08.  Follow-up biopsies and CT scans have been clean.  My WBC counts have dropped recently however, June 2009 WBC = 4.2, Neutophil = 2.9, September 2009 WBC = 2.5, neutophil = 1.3.  Does this often happen so far out from treatment?
Good afternoon,

I would like to post my own question but am unable to as the "post" option is gone.  I would very very graetful, however, if you could answer this

my three year old daughter has had a pea sized lump on her neck for one eyar. there is no change in size and it is very movable. Dr has said this is a lymph node. she has a constant runny nose which is generaly a clear discharge and dr (three dr) have said that this is an over production of mucous.

she recently had a cbc blood test and red blood cel count was 4.71 (range 3.90-4.60) and platlet count 555 (range 150-400) everything else was within range. on the day of the test she had a swollen upper and lower eye-lid (dr said it was most likely inflamatory but could be infection) and was just recovering from a cold which the whole family had. she had a repet test three days later and red blood cell count was 4.63 and platlet count was 465. On that day the doctor said he had no concerns about the second test and that in fact it was "perfect" however the red cell count and platlets remain high but are coming down. i am concerned about this indicating any type of cancer.

IGA level was also tested and was 1.31 (range 0.20 - 1.00)    

also on the first cbc results there was noted
RBC - normal
WBC - normal
platelets - increased moderatly

what does this mean

thanks
I am glad that your disease is in good remission.
Your WBC counts are still acceptable. There is no need to worry. This dip in counts is unlikely to be related to the chemotherapy given months ago.
All the best, and God Bless!
Dr Saini
Based on a history of upper respiratory symptoms and a lymph node with a stable size for over a year, I would not suspect cancer. The blood reports too do not suggest cancer.
Please continue to consult your daughters pediatrician.
All the best, and God Bless!
Dr Saini
Thank you very much for responding to my question.  I appreciate your thoughts and certainly feel more reassured.
A related discussion, enlarged lymph node behind ear was started.
A related discussion, Is wine a cancer cure element? was started.
A related discussion, I have a feeling i have cancer i am tired and just don't feel right was started.
A related discussion, i feel like i might have cancer i just dont feel good and i am all ways so tired was started.