Things are escalating
I posted a question earlier about my husband who has enlarged lymph nodes in his neck (diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago).  They seem to be growing very quickly.  Now he has 1 in his neck and back toward his ear (but in his neck) there appears to be a long mass, and before it just looked like a bump.  Also he has been complaining all of the sudden of sick headaches.  He is worried this may be in his brain as his mother died from a brain tumor many years ago.  He is not a complainer, so when he says he doesn't feel well, I know he isn't exaggerating.  He has an appointment on January 4.  I am wondering if I should call and beg them to see him sooner.   I am very worried about him but trying not to show it.
Hi.
What is the specific type of cancer?
Did he undergo treatment?
There is a possibility that his cancer is progressing as his lymph nodes are increasing.
If the symptoms he is experiencing are severe, you can bring him to the emergency room for evaluation and management.
Good luck.
His diagnosis was squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.  

He did not complete treatment.  He had 1 chemotherapy and 5 radiation treatments.  He quit treatment AMA.  
He does not like the medical option.Tell him to take this alternative approach and he can recover completely.It can take upto 9 months, but he will notice benefits in weeks.Come back to report progress and it will help someone else.The extra oxygen going into the body will help the body recover.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day(maximum 60 minutes in one day).
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Hi.
He may have a progressive disease, based on the progressive enlargement of the lymph nodes in his neck.
What was the reason why he did not continue treatment?
What can be done now is to check the extent of the disease by means of CT scan.  A decision should be made whether he still wants to be treated or continue best supportive care.
He discontinued treatment because he said he would rather have good quality of life than to feel the way he did on chemo and radiation.   Unfortunately, I did not agree with him.  He has got pretty much the same attitude this time.  Right now he is "fixed" on vacation plans for May.  It is very hard for me to understand this attitude.   He says he will undergo a "few" treatments.  I am concerned that this cancer may  have already crept through his system.  They did a PET scan 2 years ago which did not show a primary cancer.  For someone who enjoys life as much as he does, I just don't understand why he will not have whatever treatment they recommend and stick it through the course.  
Hi.
I understand what you are feeling now.
The problem is, "few" treatments will not suffice and will not eradicate all cancer cells.  His cancer will just progress and will be harder to manage.
As long as he is well informed of his disease and he knows what he is up against, weighing the pros and cons of treatment or no treatment, his decision should always be respected.
Please do post your updates.
I do respect his wishes.  That is why I am doing all my ranting and raving here.  He is truly scared this time around, which is hard for me to see.  I will be back and post updates as information is available.  Thanks for listening.