Cancer Community
Throat and Ear pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Throat and Ear pain

Hi, I am 24 year old and I am experiencing pain on my throat for 2 weeks now. I’m afraid that if this is cancerous or not (hope it is not).

I am a Technical Support Engineer and we are talking on the phone at least 7 hours a day, my shift is 8pm-5 am and I am lacking sleep. 2 weeks ago, I was having hard time talking and there is hoarseness on my voice. I can talk but I can feel the pain in the lower part of my neck. I can’t feel any lump on my neck, but I am having hard time swallowing. After a week, the back of my ear starts to ache and now I can feel the pain inside my ear, even though the pain is tolerable I’m afraid that this is more than sore throat. Every time I try to speak the lower part of my neck is getting heavier. There are no rashes or ulcers neither in my mouth nor on my tonsils.

I had my check up 8 days ago and was given Augmentin, the hoarseness was gone but the pain on the lower part of my neck is still there every time I speak and the pain on my ear is still there. My doctor advised me to use Augmentin for another 3 days.

I need advise on the tests that I need to do that I can suggest to my doctor, what medicines I need to take, and what I can do to take care of my throat.

Please help me.

Thanks!

I would post this on the Eyes, Ears and Throat Forum.  Best Wishes.