Throat and Ear pain
Hi, I am 24 year old and I am experiencing pain on my throat for 2 weeks now. I’m afraid that if this is cancerous or not (hope it is not).

I am a Technical Support Engineer and we are talking on the phone at least 7 hours a day, my shift is 8pm-5 am and I am lacking sleep. 2 weeks ago, I was having hard time talking and there is hoarseness on my voice. I can talk but I can feel the pain in the lower part of my neck. I can’t feel any lump on my neck, but I am having hard time swallowing. After a week, the back of my ear starts to ache and now I can feel the pain inside my ear, even though the pain is tolerable I’m afraid that this is more than sore throat. Every time I try to speak the lower part of my neck is getting heavier. There are no rashes or ulcers neither in my mouth nor on my tonsils.

I had my check up 8 days ago and was given Augmentin, the hoarseness was gone but the pain on the lower part of my neck is still there every time I speak and the pain on my ear is still there. My doctor advised me to use Augmentin for another 3 days.

I need advise on the tests that I need to do that I can suggest to my doctor, what medicines I need to take, and what I can do to take care of my throat.

Please help me.

Thanks!

I would post this on the Eyes, Ears and Throat Forum.  Best Wishes.