Aa
A
A
Close
Throat and Ear pain
Hi, I am 24 year old and I am experiencing pain on my throat for 2 weeks now. I’m afraid that if this is cancerous or not (hope it is not).

I am a Technical Support Engineer and we are talking on the phone at least 7 hours a day, my shift is 8pm-5 am and I am lacking sleep. 2 weeks ago, I was having hard time talking and there is hoarseness on my voice. I can talk but I can feel the pain in the lower part of my neck. I can’t feel any lump on my neck, but I am having hard time swallowing. After a week, the back of my ear starts to ache and now I can feel the pain inside my ear, even though the pain is tolerable I’m afraid that this is more than sore throat. Every time I try to speak the lower part of my neck is getting heavier. There are no rashes or ulcers neither in my mouth nor on my tonsils.

I had my check up 8 days ago and was given Augmentin, the hoarseness was gone but the pain on the lower part of my neck is still there every time I speak and the pain on my ear is still there. My doctor advised me to use Augmentin for another 3 days.

I need advise on the tests that I need to do that I can suggest to my doctor, what medicines I need to take, and what I can do to take care of my throat.

Please help me.

Thanks!

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I would post this on the Eyes, Ears and Throat Forum.  Best Wishes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources