Cancer Community
Throat tumours

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Throat tumours

My mum has had a mir scan two biopsys and a pet scan for tumours in her throat they are now doing a camera down the throat why is this ?
Hi!
I can understand your concerns. The PET or the MRI may have detected some suspicious lesions in the esophagus (food pipe) or in the stomach. The other possibility is that your mother has some gastritis or acid reflux or some other complaint such as difficulty swallowing which is being looked into. Please discuss this with her treating doctor for a clear understanding of the reason. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.