Thyroid Disorder/Cancer and Keratin/Brazilian Straightening
My sister in law and I did the Keratin/Brazilian straighting about 4-5 times in the past 18 months. My sister in law was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer 8 months ago and I just found out I have the same diagnosis.

Anyone knows if there is any correlation between Brazilian/keratin straighting and thyroid cancer or Thyroid disorder? Anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance!
I know that this treatment contains keratin and formaldehyde.  

Formaldehyde use is STRICTLY controlled here in Europe; can be toxic, allergenic and carcinogenic.  It is has been banned in some countries and has been linked to certain cancers.  I can't say that was the cause of your sister's Thyroid CA.  

I used the treatment without knowing there was formaldehyde in it & I have terrible lung damage. All tests keep coming back fine but I know I have lung damage! I am 25 & very very upset. I'm not sure what my diagnosis will be yet but I am 99% it is from the hair treatments. Good luck to both of you & SHAME on these hair companies!!