Cancer Community
Thyroid lesion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid lesion

I have had hard semi-mobile large lymph nodes under my jaw for at least 4 years now. They have grown just a bit in the last 3 years, where they are noticeable when someone is looking at me. I have been asked why does your jaw look like there is a growth in it. 3 years ago I had a fna of the lymph nodes. There are two circumscribed lymph nodes spanning up to 2.8 cm. While the Dr. was doing the sonogram on my neck he found a 1.0 lesion on the right lobe of my thyroid. The lymph nodes are on the left. The diagnoses for the lymph nodes was reactive lymph nodes after the fna. I went for an uptake scan for the thyroid which was normal range. They did no blood work or fna of the thyroid. The Dr. that found the lesion on my thyroid was quite concerned. My Dr. after getting the results told me to watch and wait. I have since moved to another state and have not had this checked for 3 years, but I still worry about it, but do not want to spend all that money just to be told to watch and wait again. I don't know whether I am to be concerned or not. Should I get another opinion? Should I be concerned?