Cancer Community
To have X-Ray test or not?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

To have X-Ray test or not?

I'm a Chinese(18 years old) and just received an injection of TAT on 24,2,2013 at a local hospital.During my injection everything's ok.but when it was almost over , I heard a sound like something was fractured ,and I'm sure that's syringe needle. The nurse said nothing after that so I went home,but I just can't stop thinking back that . Because now 3weeks later i sometimes still feel swell (hardly feel pain).So I plan to have a X-Ray test but the problem is that I have been afraid of radiation for years and I know it may cause cancer ,especially when my injection site is the upper buttock where there're digestive track and other important organs like bladder. I really don't know what to do next , to have a test or not?please help me ,thanks!!
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? After  immunization, it is common to get a little redness, soreness and swelling around the injection site, which may persist after a few days.  It is also uncommon to have needle breakage during this time.To ease any anxiety, you may have this checked by your doctor and have imaging studies if indicated. Radiation from x-ray is usually minimal. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you. Is that to say I could have a X-ray without worry? What does the words"It is also uncommon to have needle breakage during this time"?
Blank
Besides, I've got 5 times of X-ray and 1 time ofCT ,does that matter?should I get protection for the organs around?
Blank
4859844_tn?1360134070
Ofcourse you should go with the X-Ray.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity