Cancer Community
Tongue Cancer.....SCARED

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Tongue Cancer.....SCARED

I have not been diagnosed with anything. But, I have these two firm "lumps" in my tongue that are scaring me like crazy. The first one is less than half an inch from the tip and is very small. The other one is not even an inch away and can be felt between my index finger and thumb on the underside of my tongue. I've read that tongue cancer usually starts on the lateral borders but can also start on the underside. I'm a 24 year old black male who had smoked Black n Mild cigars ( on average 2 a day, inhaled) for about 3 years and marijuana for about 6 years (not everyday but often). In size, the second one is less than a pea, but not by much. It is also tender and hurts a little bit, but that could be from me messing with it(?). My question is does this sound like a possible cancer? And, can you have two tumors in the tongue at the same time? I appreciate any feedback from doctors, and please, dont be shy with the information and opinions. I'm not looking for an online diagnosis, just some light shed on the subject and advice.  Thank You, Marcus.
it could be from nothing serious at all - to tumor, but not cancer. but even for bening tumor the chance is 0.1%