Cancer Community
Tumor in upper right thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Tumor in upper right thigh

My mom has been diagnosed with having a large tumor in her upper right thigh. She is 52 years of age and a heavy smoker. She is scheduled for a biopsy on friday to determine more;(bighnine, malignant, etc.) until then are there any women here or someone knowing of women who have had this similar condition and what their exact diagnosis was and their course of treatment? Ive been reading up on osteosarcoma and osteoid osteoma which seem to closely match what it could be. Thank you in advance.
Hang in there.  Cancer centers can be scary places, but realize the professionals who work there are very diligent in sparing limbs and making patients comfortable.  Call the cancer center where she is getting her operation and tell them you are her daughter and want information.  For example: some cancer centers they have family resource areas.

I have a cartilage tumor in my left femur, it's benign looking so far on x-ray and mri; but, it's painful.  One surgeon said take it out, another said no need.  

Dr.s can disagree and it's the patient ultimately who can agree or disagree to care, so getting informed is the best advice I can give you.

If your mom needs chemotherapy, she might need some extra TLC from you in form of nutrition and house keeping.  

My mother was diagnosed with multiple myeloma and she was given 3 years to live.  She started her chemo and she is sick.  This weekend I am traveling to take care of her.
My mom has the same situation,she has a tumor in the upper right thigh,it was there since she was a kid,but its not painful or even little pain,when she gave birth to me,the doctor ask her if she feels any pain with that thingy in her thigh and she said no,so she assumed everything's ok,after many years she consulted a doctor about her tumor because its getting bigger and the doctor said she needs to undergo xray and m.r.i,the xray is ok and we are just waiting for the result of m.r.i and the doctor even said she needs to undergo an operation,im really worried coz im not on her side even if i want to be with her,because i know she needs me,but i just started a job,out of the country,so what to do?