Vaccine???
Ok. So my mom just told me to get the vaccine.
Wait, she didn't say it like that she said: "You ARE getting that vaccine!"
But I am not comfortable with taking it yet. When I said that I don't want to, she said that's like saying I want cancer. I'm not dumb. I know that people have died from this. But to me the vaccine against Cervical Cancer is still new, and I'm not willing to "test it out" at all. On older women .... maybe. But not a 16 yr. old!!!

Can my parent really force me to take the vaccine?
Or do I have a right to refuse?
Help, PLEASE!
Cervical Cancer is of a concern for all women... but, women who are sexually active
and use no condoms and have multiple sex partners are at the highest risk for this disease. Now, if you're not of a promiscuous nature; and, have no intention of living the lifestyle of the someone who would be in the high risk category... then, maybe you could convince your mom that you don't feel that you'll need the vaccine because you intend on being sexually responsible and conscientious in your lifestyle choices.

But, ask yourself this... how can a 16 year old young woman; or, anyone for that matter, know what the future holds? The world changes; and so do the people in it... and, maybe this is your mom's thinking. She wants you to be protected... just in case! Also, realize that the vaccine has a very narrow window... in that, if you wait until you're too old to get it, it won't have its intended effect. So, in reality, this vaccine doesn't work on "older women." However, it's a fairly new drug; and, after a period of time... some new drugs have been known to cause more harm than good.
And, maybe that's your position... which is quite understandable.

Whether or not you could be forced is really a question to ask the nurse or doctor who would administer the injection. Why not make a call to your family doctor or to
a local health clinic (it could be anonymously) and ask if a 16 year old has any say
in situations like this.