Cancer Community
Very worried, lump near anus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Very worried, lump near anus

I've had a lump, size of a pea pretty much, near my anus for a period of time now and blood has come out (in fairly big portions sometimes) every now and again for more than a year. The lump doesn't hurt and it seems to have a constant size.

What could it be? Read that some symptoms are similar to rectal cancer. My other concern is that I just recently started to have a constant diarrhea (I though it was food poisoning but no one else got sick...) and it has been going for about 5 days now. I also think I can feel other similar lumps in other spots around the anus but not sure.

Really appreciate any help/advice.
To correct myself, the lump actually DOES hurt like crazy sometimes. Just been a while since it did.
You need to see a colorectal specialist  Tell him how long you have had it. Do you or have you had anal sex before? Over 90% anal cancers are caused by HPV. Sometimes anal sex isnt always the route, Hpv can travel thru the penis/vagina and lodge in the anal canal.
Because you have had this for some time. You should ask for a removel (removal) and biopsy. Ask for an anal pap smear if nothing else. You really need to see a doctor! Post back and let us know how it goes. P.S. there is an anal cancer forum on this websight.
Thanks for your help!

No, never anal sex and I've been in a relationship since about 9 years.