What could these symptoms mean?

Here's what's ben going on..................I had diarrehea with cramping....once or twice a day for about 5 weeks  then everything was pretty normal...i did have a lot of bloating and gas...then it happened...I had a bowel movement (no pain) but when I looked in the toilet it scared the Heck out of me.  Lots and I mean lots of blood .  In the stool and in the toliet.  That was a week ago....and I have not hade any more bloody stools sense.  My stools have also been very thin latley (not all the time).  I have also been SO tired.  Really....I could stay home and in bed all day....I have know desire to get up and around.

I'v read everything I could find....but it seems to always come back looking like the symptoms are closley related to colon cancer.  Could all of this be signs of something other then colon cancer?