Cancer Community
What could this lump under my armpit be?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hey everyone. About two months ago I noticed a lump underneath my left armpit and it has not gone away yet. In the beginning of July I went to the doctor for a physical and she said it's probably from shaving with a dull razor and to not shave for a week and to put hot compresses on it 3-4 times a day for about 15 minutes each time for a week. I only did that a few days cause I was busy and didn't have time to do it. I noticed that the lump does go down in size but then sometimes it gets larger. I'm very worried about this. Also, I'm not sure if this is even in the right category but I'm just really worried I might have breast cancer.. please help!
see another doctor to put your mind at ease but until then know that it could be a million other little things. there are a lot of lymph nodes in your armpit and they could be swollen with certain infections like cat scratch fever for instance which my girlfriend had last summer at age 19. anyways if you're super super anxious you could insist that your GP biopsy it, and they might humor you although doctors really hate being told how to do their job (and for good reason.) Anyways if it shrunk before that doesn't sound like a tumor to me