What does a positive cancer tracer in my bloodwork mean
Already posted once, and nobody answered, so I'll try again.  I get biopsies done periodically because I have Hep C and they found spots on my liver.  They did a bunch of tests, and biopsies, and found nothing to worry about.  Also, the spots started going away.

But, they found positive tracers of cancer in my bloodwork.  They said that they indicated it was in my liver, but my question is, how do they trace a blood test for cancer right to a certain spot?  And, the positive tracers are still there.

Does that mean cancer could be somewhere else and do I need to get this looked at by someone else.  These doctors are only hepatologists and only look at the liver, but my bloodwork says I have positive tracers!

What does this mean and what should I do.
You can try the "ask the doctor" cancer forum to the right of the home page on this site.
Hope this helps.