Cancer Community
What is a pulsating bump on lower lip?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

What is a pulsating bump on lower lip?

I have had a pulsating bump on my lower lip for a long tume.  It is not hard at all.  In fact you can't even feel it if you squeeze my lip.  It is the same color as the rest of the tissue around it.  The bump is right over an artery.  The bump will pulse with my heart beat.  In the morning when my heart rate is low you can barely see the bump.  When Im active the bump is more visable.  What is it?
I have this same exact issue.  I'm great at searching online too and have found very few people speak of the same thing.  I went about 2 years ago to my primary care and she said it was probably nothing and to go see a dermatologist.  I never got around to it since I was going to school a few states away and only doctors at home would accept my insurance.  

It has now become a bigger and definitely more visible to the average person.  I mentioned it to the dentist who then suggested I see an oral surgeon who then blew me off (this was weeks before my dental benefits ran out).  

The bump is now getting a little more whitish than flesh colored like it has always been and I can almost feel a vein shaped tissue attached to it running down my lower lip.  Strange.  Any suggestions would be great.
I have the same condition...and checked it out.  Here's what I found out:

"Although you can see a vein if it is close to the surface, they are difficult to feel because they are so soft and easily compressible to the touch. Arteries have a sturdy muscle coat that you can readily feel, together with pulsations that come from the beating of the heart."

"What you describe sounds like a condition known as caliber-persistent artery. This is really a variation of the normal pattern of blood vessels that places a muscular artery close to the surface of the skin or the mucosa of the mouth. It normally causes no other problems other than possibly cosmetic (unless it is physically traumatized). Although the superficial blood vessel can be removed, such treatment needs to be approached with caution since brisk bleeding would be expected when you cut any artery. A consultation with an oral and maxillofacial surgeon may be a reasonable place to start."
http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/61194.htm
That's your beat. Let it be, don't get any surgery for cosmetic purposes. Just enjoy the beat, your beat. Look in the mirror and watch your beat.
Is this dangerous ?
I have the same thing. I can't feel it until I run my tongue on bottom lip then where I feel it and I pull it down I see it pulsing but sometimes I don't feel it st all until I start messing with it or run my tongue constantly on it.
I have the same thing and i cannot figure out wherr to go to get it removed i have had it about three years and sometimes it gets so big it bothers me pretty bad can anyone help me find a place who actually treats this not only dianosis it i am located by sarasota fl