Cancer Community
What to eat during chemo?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What to eat during chemo?

My sister is just starting her third wk of chemo/radiotherapy.  Shes been suffering badly from nausea but the anti-nausea meds theyve given her help a lot.  However, this wkend she was admitted to hospital due to her having a low white blood count.  The drs have told her she needs to increase her daily calorie intake to help prevent this from happening again.  The trouble is she has always eaten very healthily and never snacked, so on the advice of her dr she has been trying to snack more.  Unfortunately she has very little appetite thanks to the epilepsy drugs and the chemo.  She is really struggling to eat at all.  Any advice on supplements she could take or small high calorie snacks she could manage?  Thanks
Related Discussions
  • Shel (3 replies):
    How can I loose weight while taking arimedex
Hi Claire,

im doing some intensive research and so far, i suggest you look up chemovive, nutratose which has been spoken of very highly in this website, compared to past treatments her child is now (after fighting cancer for two years) not lost her apetite, is even 'riding' her bike and the white cell count is actually up.

Hope this helps, im still deciding, there's also Flaxseed (or the oil) which helps and check out Beta Glucans.  Oxy E and Zeolite is something i am looking into.  

As for what she can eat, search cancerfighting foods, tomatoes, broccoli/sprouts, berries, soya bean, tea (i know!)pumpkin, spinach, garlic, pineapple and apple are listed.  Olive oil i've also found.  Do your research, takes time, helps if you get friends and family involved.  Any sound info, please share!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...