Cancer Community
Which hospital for AML [Leukemia]

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Which hospital for AML [Leukemia]

My mother was diagnosed with AML (acute myelogenous leukemia) today. And I am scared out of my mind. I need to know what the best hospital is to take her to, Where she will have the very best chance and cutting edge treatment. I don't want to lose her, and I am getting pretty frustrated at how you have to be a doctor in order to understand half of this, to even begin to understand what hospital to take her to. Currently she is at Greenville Memorial Hospital. But I don't know if she should stay there. Please any insight into this is helpful as is answering my poll question on what you think the best hospital for her. Or if you have any different suggestions please go ahead!
0%
 (0) 
MD Anderson
50%
 (2) 
Mayo Clinic
50%
 (2) 
John Hopkins
0%
 (0) 
Stay where she is
4 Members voted
MD Anderson in my opinion does to many clinical trials I would suggest John Hopkins or Cancer treatment centers of America.. I wish your mother and you well