Cancer Community
White Blood Cell Count

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

White Blood Cell Count

I was recently in the hospital and was diagnosed with a uterine fibroid and an ovarian cyst. I have a history of endometriosis and pelvic inflamatory disease. I have been urinating frequently and I have a lot of pain in my pelvic area. At the hospital they found that I have a high white blood cell count of 19,000 however they didnt find any sign of infection in my urine and no stds and werent sure why I had such a high count. They just told me to follow up with my doctor. Could ovarian cancer be the cause the high white blood cell count and my pain? How urgent is it to have a laparoscopy done? I am broke and I do not have insurance, so it will take about a month to have a proceedure done.