Cancer Community
Worried about a possible Penile Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Worried about a possible Penile Cancer

Hello

About me:  I am 22 years old, I have a high risk strain of HPV as does my wife, my wife has developed cervical pre-cancer because of it, and I am worried about my health as well.  I am currently out of the US, have no abroad insurance so I really need help.

I am posting this question to your site because last year I noticed an ulceration on my glans (glands)/under foreskin that had a raised edge.  The color of the skin was consistent with the rest of my glans (glands), but the outer edge of the ulcer appeared raised.  I went in to the ER after it didn't heal over a week's time and was told that it did not look to her like a cancer/pre-cancer, and that it was probably due to some type of irritation.  I told the doctor also the fact that my wife has HPV (from me, as I am her only partner) and she said it was simply a scar.  I did, at the time, change to boxer briefs which I found more restrictive and irritating.

In a years time that ulceration has not appeared to grow.

I noticed recently that I have a red mark around the urethra and have had white marks on my glans (glands) for a while, I may just be getting paranoid because I believe this color has been natural for me... but I've done an incredible job of scaring myself.  The red mark has no discernable pattern, edge or anything like that.

I am planning to get it looked at by a doctor here, and if she tells me that she doesn't believe it is cancer or pre-cancer, should I get a biopsy just to be safe?  I feel a little bit foolish for not getting a second opinion or a biopsy to begin with on the ulceration, but when somebody in the ER says you're ok... how can you not trust them.

Thanks in advance, also if any doctor or nurse is willing to look at a picture to help me out that would be incredibly gracious of you.  
Also there is no pain associated with anything that I described.