Cancer Expert Forum
Yeast infection?

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Yeast infection?

So I posted this on the medical community as well and got no reply back. I am 16 years old. I'm not sure how to explain this but I have had this rash on my breast for 2 months now and it's not going away. It is all around my breast, not just under the breast.  I have used the athlete's foot cream that my doctor recommended me and it has not worked. I used for 5 weeks now. The symptoms are still there and I think the rash is actually larger than before. Sometimes my breast is very wet from discharges and sometimes it is dry and flaky. There are also a lot of red dots around the breast. I am not pregnant and never have been. Can anyone explain to me what this is and how to heal it?
Please seek an appointment with an internist. He/she will need to do a physical examination and evaluate the nature of the rash, and any underlying condition. Perhaps a smear for microscopy, cytology, bacterial culture, and fungal culture may be needed. A clinical breast examination and routine tests (including blood sugars) are indicated. Oral antibiotics and antifungals may be needed.
You may like to use only cotton garments henceforth, with a change in underclothes three times a day.
All the best, and God Bless!
1 Comment
A related discussion, Yeast Infection was started.