Cancer Community
a irregular bumpy mole in the genital area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I had a irregular and looking mole with a tiny bump on one side thats around 6-7mm in the genital area which was there for as long as I can remember. The last time I checked was 1 or 2 years ago, now that I checked again, the moles has elevated and grown more bumpy and irregular. I'm really scared about this because it might be skin cancer but I'm only 16 so I don't know how to get to the doctor, I live with my dad and it would really awkward bringing this up. Can anyone confirm for sure that this is skin cancer and what should I do? I'm really really scared.
Cathy, its a good thing that you make a habit of monitoring the moles growth. I understand that it may be embarrassing to bring this up to your Dad, perhaps you could mention it to your doctor next time you see them.My daughter who is 19 has had the same thing since she is a baby.It was not raised when she was an infant. She just told me now it is raised.I am partly not concerened because she tends to have a lot of moles.However,even though she is embarrassed to discuss this like you,when i bring her to the gynocologist next month(for her first visit) I am going to insist she discuss it with the doctor.Do you have an aunt or friends mom who you could discuss this with