abnormal chest xray and ct scan
my daughter is 29 and went to the er not feeling well,they did an ekg and a chest xray.the chest xray came back highly abnormal.her lungs were covered in white with afew dark spots showing thru they then did a cat scan which did not look good.the dr said it was either infection or tumors all her blood work came back normal.she had no cough or cold symtoms.the dr said that he had never seen anything like this in his whole med carreer.they want to do a lung biopsy.i just cant beleive this could be lung cancer that far advanced with no symtoms.he said there leaning towards lung tumors.could this be scar tissue or something else i am beside myself,she thinks her life is over.any help would be greatly appreciated.
I cannot say this is cancer; the biopsy will conclude if it is.  I have seen previous infections leave the lungs terribly scarred, etc.  I cannot imagine this being an active infection without symptoms and/or abnormal labs, but could be possible though.  

Secondly, the concern would be that whatever this is, benign or malignant, it is dominating the lung capacity/space.  

Need the biopsy ASAP.  

You can also post in the Lung CA Forum as well.

Keep us posted.  
Would you mind to update us on this comment.