Cancer Community
acinic cell carcinoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

acinic cell carcinoma

I have recently had a mild flu virus which i fought naturally with fruit and the right foods, however when i had it i ad some kind of groin strain develop with it so i rested and was better in a matter of days. About 5 days later when i was feeling better i was walking up the stairs when i got a pain in the back of my calf i carried on up but by the time i got to te top i had excruicating shock like pains around my opposite groin which shot up my lower spine i lay down for a few minutes and managed to overcome this. As i was walking my daughter to school shortly after i felt a warm tingling in my lower back that turned itchy a bit like a tens machine for a brief period. ON reaching home after the school run i felt extremely cold which continued throughout the day like i was chilled to the bone throughout my body i put on layers of clothing and blankets but nothing worked. Later that night after going to bed early  i woke up 2am with chronic groin and thigh pains chilss and lower abdomen and back pain, it got so bad it resulted in me vomiting brown coloured liquid. After i took some pain killers i managed to sleep for a couple of hours until te pain began again. I went to my local hospital and they ran tests for dvt as my lower leg began swelling but it came back negative however i have a istory of spontaneous dvt in my left leg which extended to my groin. Along with these symptoms my outarms and thighs became tender to touch like they were sore or had been scraped also tingly and itchy with the same kind of shocky pains. I left the hospital with klexane just incase and went home only to experience worse pain and find a small swollen lump that was tender on presing in my groin area on the left thesameside as the swelling oh and i also had like a build up of saliva throughout the cours of the day that was alot more than normal. When getting home i put a just three of my symptoms into a symptom checker and it came up wih acinic cell carcinoma when i read the rest of the symptoms i realised i had atleast 10 of them . Do you think this is possibly the problem or is it just a viral infection and my lymphnodes have swelled.
Tags: carcinoma
Hi!
Well, it is difficult to say whether you have acinic cell carcinoma or not. Do you have a swelling in the parotid (jaw), below jaw (submandibular), or breast region? If yes, then this possibility should be further investigated by a CT scan or biopsy.
Groin pain in males can occur due to several causes like swollen lymphnodes, hernia, kidney stones, epididymitis, orchitis, testicular torsion, inflammation of large and small intestine and muscle pull. Apart from these it can also be a pinched nerve. Since you have a lump it can either be swollen lymphnode or neurofibroma. Swollen lymph nodes in the groin could be due to STDs (e.g., gonococcal infection, herpes simplex virus, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum etc), infection in foot, dermatitis in pelvic area, boils in pelvic area etc. Other than this pelvic malignancy and lymphoma could be the other causes. Yes, viral infection causing swollen lymph node is also a possibility, but the cause is more likely to be localized in the pelvic area. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.