Cancer Community
anal concern

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

anal concern

When I go to the bathroom, as I push there is an obvious growth, that seems to be located in my anal canal and sometimes bright red blood on the tissue paper, but when relaxed and with visual and finger inspection, nothing, until I push out and then I notice the gowth. I actually noticed this a while ago, and with my annual physicals, my doctor never found a problem. I am 49 years old and in good health, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Tags: concerns
Do you get constipated? or have to strain alot when you go to the bathroom? It sounds like it's only hemorroids (hemorrhoids) esp if doc checked it out. You can get cream for it.
I know they don't normally recommend a colonosophy until your 60 years old but if your doctor missed this growth you need a new doctor; he would refer you to get one.  Sounds like to me...what happened to me...and my NEW doctor thought that this growth I had for 3+ years needed to be looked at...it was stage II anal cancer. I was 50 years old but most people I have talked to are younger then me.
Based on what you described, I suspect that it's a hemorrhoid, which is a distended vein. Sometimes they bulge out and you can actually feel them and push them back up. Certain foods, such as anything with seeds and nuts can scrape, cut and aggravate them when a bowel movement is passed... causing swelling, pain and bleeding. Eating peppery and spicy foods can make them itch and burn. Being constipated can also put pressure on them and create a flare up. In time, they shrink although they don't go away. Most people just live with them; but, they can be surgical removed (via laser).
The easiest and least expensive approach is to simply watch what you eat.
You need to see your doctor ASAP and demand a colonsophy. This could be a simple as a hemorroid or as horrible as cancer.