Cancer Community
benign or malignant?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

benign or malignant?

Ohkay. So we found out that my baby brother (2 yrs. old) has a tumor in his tongue. We have a biopsy scheduled  in a week *i think*. They are going to take a piece of the tumor and find if it cancerous or just another benign tumor. I am really scared and nervous though. He's only 2! I need some advice on what to expect if it IS cancer, and what Chemotherapy or Radiation Therapy would do to him. Also, could tongue cancer spread? Does it have low/high survival rates? Nervous. *nervous because almost everyone on my mom's side had got cancer and died from it*
144586_tn?1284669764
My goodness. You have my sympathies!

Little children are top priority with physicians, and I am certain they will choose the therapeutic regiman that will cause the least harm, and fewest side effects.

The best thing to do is to listen to their advice. Ask them to suggest alternatives, if something they want to do bothers you.

I will say a prayer for your brother.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank