Cancer Community
bilateral lung nodules-47yr old male

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

bilateral lung nodules-47yr old male

In July, my primary care provider ordered me to see a kidney doctor due to elevated creatine levels X 3 years. The kidney specialist ordered a CT scan of both kidneys. Upon reviewing that CT scan to look at suspected kidney problems, the kidney specialist noticed nodules in my lungs. A second CT scan was ordered where 5 nodules were confirmed in both lungs, the largest being 6mm and the smallest 1.4mm. In February 2012 I was hospitalized for chest pain and initially suspected suspected as a cardiac incident, but the following day ruled out as a cardiac event. A treadmill stress test was also performed at that time (December 2011). In February 2012, a CT scan of my chest was ordered as a follow-up to the November hospitalization, showing clear lungs. Somewhere between the February CT scan of my chest, and the July, and August CT scans ordered by the same hospital, I have developed these lung nodules. The kidney specialist has now referred me to a pulmonary specialist for additional test to be run. Understandably, she would not commit to stating that this was cancer, but she is concerned and of course, this is concerning to me as well. Three CT Scans since February 2012, and the last two (July and August) confirm nodules. How concerned should I be???