Cancer Community
brain lesions from chemo
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

brain lesions from chemo

My son was diagnosed at 22 months with ALL.He just had a MRI done on 12/4/2009.We got the results but did not understand it.(He is now 10 yrs. old)My question is,they said there is blooming artifact in the subcortical white matter in the bilateral frontal & parietal lobes.There are two more subtle ares of blooming artifact in the frontal white matter posteriorly on the right as well.Very mild corresponding increased FLAIR signal.Also small focus of increased FLAIR signal in the deep white matter in the posterior left frontal lobe which does not demonstrate blooming artifact on the SWI images.These lesions do not enhance postgadolinium.
Can anyone tell me what this all means?They just told me this is from the Chemo he was on.That is why he is having the balance problems &learning problems.Will these lesions get bigger or maybe go away?