Cancer Community
ca125 up and worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

ca125 up and worried

Hi, I had a complete hyster in 2010. Doc didnt see anything in the ovary until the lab found a 2cm cancer inside.  I was told I was 1A and have been monitored since then every 3 months , moved to every 6 months last yr.  I usually have a ca125 of 2-4 but this month is was 11.1.. I have had the flu and a strong round of hormone shots by a doc that felt my hormones were too low.. I read that hormones can effect the ca125... i hope thats true.. i go to the oncologist tomorrow...
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Were you able to see your doctor? A change in the CA 125 results may suggest growth or from other issues and needs to be evaluated further by your doctor. Take care and hope all is well. Do keep us posted and best regards.