Cancer Community
calcium deposits in lymph nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

calcium deposits in lymph nodes

I am 41 years old and physically active.  I've been running marathons for the past 3 years.  However, a year ago I stated having major nausia and stomach problems.  I was diagnosed with H pylori and took antibiotics to get rid of it.  I felt better for a while but now I have been experiencing the nausia again.  I went back to the doctor and was given a prescription of aciphex.  I have been overly tired and achey (achy) for over a year and just not felt good.  Recently I went to a chiropractor for my swelling in my legs after running and the x ray showed large calcium deposits in my left lower lymph nodes.  I

My mom had stomah cancer and later died of thyroid cancer.  Should I get things checked out?  
Avatar dr m tn
Hi.  The calcifications in the lymph nodes are not a sign of cancer and are probably nothing to worry about.  You probably need to have yourself checked for H.pylori infection  after the antibiotic treatment, just to make sure that the infection has been eradicted.  Chronic H. pylori infection has been implicated in the development of stomach cancer.