can it be cancer
findings on both breast showed multiple nodules, bilateral with calcifications measures .5 x .6cm. with family history on cancer, sometimes feel pain in breast and armpit. what causes the calcification of nodules
Hi.  Since you are already 44 years old, with a strong family history of breast cancer, there is a possibility that those nodules may turn out to be malignant.  It might be best to have a core needle biopsy or an excision biopsy done so you can be sure what those nodules are.
had an ultrasound again last week, results showed an increase in the number of nodules, complex nodules without calcifications, dr. suggests follow-up after three months since nodules are to small (.3, .4, .5cm) for a guided biopsy.  why the increase in the number of nodules? do i still have to submit for biopsy?
Hi.  You may wish to have another mammogram/ ultrasound done, since there seems to be some conflicting results between the two tests ( the earlier test shows calcifications and fewer nodules while the second doesn't show any calcification, and an increased number of nodules).   I'm not sure what can explain the increased number of nodules. Those nodules could merely represent fibrocystic changes (enlargement in several breast glands due to increase in estrogen levels, which could happen if the ultrasound was taken shortly before your menstrual period).  The possibility that those nodules are cancerous still has to be ruled out though.

I think a biopsy can already be performed on a 0.5 cm nodule.  My guess is, your doctor recommended the period of observation since he feels that the nodules do not exhibit overtly malignant features (e.g. microcalcifications) to justify doing the biopsy.  If you are uncomfortable with your doctor's decision, you may wish to seek a second opinion either with another surgeon, or with an oncologist.