Cancer Community
cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

cancer

my friend has secondariey cancer from the breast, it is now in the hip bone rib bone and legs, she will never be in ''remission'' to me that means ''death'' she has 3 kids so i need an honest straight answer as she is saying she is ok help me to help her but also be real on what the out look will be,she is healthy non smoker ,drinker non meat eater,

she is like she can kill this .....and i want her to..and will always belive she can.......but i need to know the truth for her 3 babies xxxx
One of the biggest problems with cancer patients is DENIAL. As hard as it is to do, you have to look at it square in the face and decide whether you are going to lie to yourself that you don't have it and can tough it out or be honest and deal with it to the best of your ability. Your friend needs to see her oncologist. That doctor can tell her what her prognosis is for the future. If young children are involved it is only fair to them that plans for their future be made by the mother while she can still make them.