cancer
i have hæmorrhoids, and normally have mucus in my stools, sometimes the smell of the stools plus mucus smells rotten, reminding me of a cancer smell! have looked afte cancer patients. Do you think I need to hav a colonoskopi, I have no bleeding, no weightloss, no pain?
The most common causes for mucus rectal discharge are benign. It is however important to rule out any serious pathology and undergo a clinical examination. Hemorrhoids, anal fissures, rectal prolepses, proctitis and perineal warts all can lead to mucus discharge. Rectal carcinoma, villous adenoma, perineal Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis are other causes of rectal mucus discharge. Digital rectal examination and proctoscopy may help in determining the exact cause. Consult a gastroenterologist and discuss whether you need to undergo colonoscopy and if it would be helpful in deciding the further course of management. Do keep me posted.
Take care and kind regards!