Cancer Community
*crying* What is this thing on my mri??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

*crying* What is this thing on my mri??

SO on the 19th I went to my doctor for migraines that haven't stopped in 3 months. I get em when I wake up, and when I go to bed. They hurt the back of my head, my temples, and my eyes!

Doc sent me for a high intensity open mri.
Mri guy calls that night and said that it looks like I have been having mini strokes.

I went to the er. They run bloodwork, do a lumbar puncture, everything was as normal as normal gets with me lol.

They did a contrast CAT scan and they said I have inflamed arteries in the back of my neck and head, and they werent sure what they were from. Then admitted me to do more tests in the morning.

That morning a team of 3 neurologists came in and said the original thing on the open mri was an artifact, like a mess up on the machine. Well they showed it to me and it looked like a dang tumor to me. It is in the occipital lobe. My dad is in the hospital for brain cancer right now, so admittedly freaked out because on a religious standpoint i prayed and asked God to let me switch places with him. i love my dad.

anyways they let me go, and said i have chronic migraines. i have my first neuro appt in the morning. idk what to expect, i have medical anxiety and im afraid that thing was real- how the heck do they know its fake if the radiologist said its real? *crying* Advice folks, please?
Gee I'm sorry you've been put through this. All you can do really is accept that it was not really the issue they first said and be "thankful" that it's *just* migraines and not strokes or tumour.

I guess you could ask for a second opinion but sounds like they have tested you pretty thoroughly.

I understand medical anxiety and it is a hard one to knock on the head. Have you tried medication. I found anti-depressants worked wonderfully.

On the migraine issue, again I had those but more in line with my cycle. I have found cutting out coffee has improved my migraines 100% ie I still get them but they are not nearly as bad. A friend finds hers are brought on by sugar. Just two tips to try.

Wishing you good health and kind regards to your father.