Cancer Community
cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

cyst

i have a cyst on my uterous and boy frien wants a baby is it dangerous
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What are the symptoms present? A uterine cyst or growth in the uterus may present with pelvic pain, fertility problems, heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding, and bladder problems. The cysts  are common especially in the childbearing years and often require no treatment unless symptoms are severe. Most uterine cysts are not cancerous and may not require treatment. Management will depend on the symptoms present or size of the cyst. For proper evaluation, it is best that you discuss the result of your imaging studies done with your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.
the cyst on my uterous is small i have had my peroid fo 10 days the doctor is giveing me something to ether stop it or slow it down i am 55 years
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thank you for your update. Pregnancy after menopause is possible but already a high risk condition. You may need to see an obstetrician that specializes in this field if you want to conceive at this time.  But it is recommended that the present condition be managed first. Talk to your doctor about your plans to conceive for proper evaluation also. Take care and best regards.