drugs for non-small lung cancer
My father is suffering from non-small cell lung cancer (phase IV) now and he tried Iressa (zd1839) for 1 month at first it worked well but the resistance to drug appeared soon. We found the other drug called Caprelsa (zd6474) but we do not know if the resistance also exists for zd6474. Could anybody who tried the two types of drugs help me with my question?
How is your father? Like any other medications, response to these medications vary from one person to another.  Factors such as  medical history, his diagnosis, type and stage of NSCLC, how well he responds to medications, other organs affected, and over-all health. Also, there is limited data for older patients who are taking Caprelsa. It is best that you discuss this with his attending physician for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.

Take care and do keep us posted.