Cancer Community
endometrial thickness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

endometrial thickness

My aunt was diagnosed with endometrail thickness. Cound someone explain this to me?  She was given this info over the phone and was told to wait until December to see a doctor.  Everyone is telling her this is cancer.  Is this true or is she worrying needlessly?
Is she post-menapausal?  I was diagnosed in January with endometrial thickness.  Search "endometrial hyperplasia" . You'll find a lot of information.  It could be caused by cancer or it could be caused by many many other simple things.  Mine worked itself out so far.  A follow up u/s was scheduled for about 2 months after the first one and it was about 1/2 the original size.  

IF the doctor's really thought this was uterine or endometrial cancer...they WOULD NOT wait until December to recheck.  If she's really worrying about it, tell her to get a second opinion.