Cancer Community
esophageal cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

esophageal cancer?

I've read a few articles lately that have me very concerned. They have stated that one of the major symptoms of cancer of the esophagus is flushing after drinking alcohol. Not only does this happen to me after having even only a couple sips of a drink, I have developed a lack of tolerance for any alcohol. I used to be able to have a few drinks in an evening and feel fine, both that night and the next day. Now, after only a few sips of wine, I feel different, buzzed, and if I drink the whole glass will have a tremendous headache for pretty much the whole next day. I also have heartburn/reflux issues. Could the alcohol situation just be a function of my age (44)? Or should I be concerned enough to do the tests for the esophageal cancer.
Thank you