Cancer Community
esophagus cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

esophagus cancer

I have a friend that has esophagus cancer.  He was diagnosed last January 07.  The past 6 wks he has gone downhill fast.  He hasnt had chemo in that time and they started 3 wks of radiation and he's 1/2 thru.  Problem he's having is vomiting.  He's drinking alot of fluids and whatever goes in comes right back up.  He hasnt eaten in over 2 months-cant keep it down.  They put in a tube from his stomach out so that him/his wife can drain it frequently.  He has another tube going from his intestines out where the feed him 2100 calories.  He's extremely thin.  He's also very exhausted and we think its from the radiation. The docs say that the wall of his stomach is thick.  But they dont know why nothing goes out of the stomach.  Do you know why this is?  He cant keep vomiting like this.  I dont see how the radiation will help his stomach?  Is that possible?  How can zapping the tumor affect the stomach and having food etc leave the stomach.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is a family that dont ask many ?'s.  Him/his wife just go w/ the flow.  There has to be something out there that can help ease the vomiting and help fix his stomach.  Thank you so much for reading this.
Sincerely
jade
Tags: esophagus