Cancer Community
facial twitching and dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

facial twitching and dizziness

For the last 4 months I have had facial twiching starting from underneath my left eye to my chin. It is worst in the morning as soon as I wake up. Now I am starting to feel dizzy. I have gone to the doctors and they said that it was because I had a tooth infection. I had the extraction and I am still having the same issues. They prescribed me Neurotin and tegretol but I still have the twitching. Is it possible that I might have a brain tumor or just an enlarged brain artery that is causing the twitching. I have done other research and there are other possiblities but I am not sure. I don't have insurance at the moment but I am thinking of just going to the ER.
I don't think this is any brain tumor, however, if this persists you should probably have an image of your head/brain done.  

Sounds like a nerve irritation secondary to this tooth issue in my opinion and nerves sometimes take a while to "settle down."  

If you feel your situation is worsening and you think you need emergent care then go to the ER.  

Keep us posted.