Cancer Community
father ill, have question about hi pulse/low blood pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

My father has prostate cancer and is doing chemo. This morning, my mother was trying to get him up to take him to see his dr. He could get moving to go. My mother called for an ambulance to come and get him and take him to the hospital. He was dehydrated and they gave him fluids. His pulse is now too high and his blood pressure is too low. Could all this be from his chemo treatments?
Yes, my grandma was having lots of issues with hydration because she had severe diarrhea during chemo and this added to it, when you are dehydrated it affects potassium levels in your body which causes weakness and dizziness.  Hope everything is going better for you both.