Cancer Community
flexible telescopy and bladder cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

flexible telescopy and bladder cancer

My dad has bladder cancer, he was just diagnosed last Monday. He has a tumor in his bladder..I think they said it's superficial? Anyway, the doctors tell him he needs a cystoscopy done regularly to check out his bladder. but he says it's too painful and refuses to have it done again after the surgery.
My fiance was doing some research and I was wondering if my dad could get a flexible telescopy instead? It seems to be less painful. Is this an option for him?

Thanks for your help! :D
usually, superficial bladder cancers are treated with cystoscopy and cutting out the tumor and removing it from the urethra, followed by instilling some kind of chemotherapy or BCG into the bladder. However, superficial bladder cancers frequently recur, thats why repeated cystoscopys are necessary. Fexible cystoscopy is an option, but if the tumor is large it wont be sufficient.
I heard that the most anti cancer killer is Goji from Asia. You can find
it at.

www.specops.freelife.com

Goji and Cancer

According to World Health Organization statistics, more than 10 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed annually. The disease kills more than 6 million people each year, making cancer the second leading cause of death throughout the world. In the United States, cancer has just eclipsed heart disease to become the country's number one killer.

Fortunately, there is much that you can do to reduce your risk of cancer and to help your body to fight it should it strike. With a little education, you can arm yourself against this deadly enemy.

What Is Cancer?
Cancer is a group of many related diseases that begin in cells, the body's basic building blocks. To understand cancer, it is helpful to know what happens when normal cells become cancerous.

Normally, cells grow and divide to produce more cells as they are needed to keep the body healthy. Sometimes, this orderly process goes wrong. New cells form when the body does not need them, and old cells do not die when they should. The extra cells form a mass of tissue called a growth, or tumor. Not all tumors are cancerous; tumors can be benign or malignant.

Benign tumors are not cancer. They can often be removed and, in most cases, they do not come back. Cells in benign tumors do not spread to other parts of the body. Most important, benign tumors are rarely a threat to life.

Malignant tumors are cancer. Cells in malignant tumors are abnormal and divide without control or order. Cancer cells invade and destroy the tissue around them. They can also break away from a malignant tumor and enter the bloodstream or lymphatic system, which can carry them throughout the body, causing new tumors to form in other organs. The spread of cancer is called metastasis.

The Main Types of Cancer:

Carcinoma