Cancer Community
fluid mass in left chest wall area
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fluid mass in left chest wall area

HI. November 2007 had axillary lymph removal of 29 nodes. Negative for cancer. Symptoms were swollen nodes, general itching, extreme fatigue, and low grade fevers. In May of this year I was scheduled for my 6 month post surgery eval and when the surgeon called to schedule appointment I told him about a swollen area in the left chest wall that felt like fluid. He was concerned and wanted 2 see me that day. He withdrew a sample of fluid to test for cancer. Good news is it was not. He said it looked like lypmh fluid but he had never seen that happen before. Swelling was reduced for a couple of days but then it grew back to the same size and bigger. Went for the year follow up, and mammogram. Mammogram normal with a benign appearing lesion in the left breast seen on previous films. Doc is still puzzled by the fluid in chest wall. My question is, what could this possibly be, and should I follow up with more testing? If so, which type of physician should I see. It is not painful, but it does cause soreness and discomfort if I sleep on the left side or if I do any lifting or strenuous activity with the left arm. Thanks for any help