Cancer Community
gist question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

gist question

I have had a traceable tumor for 12 yrs, in that time it has gone from 3.2cm to 4cm
I don't know when it started. It stained for cd117 but I have no symptoms and am
in good health. It scanned at 4cm in 2010 and has stayed at that. I have heard that some
malignant cancers get to a mutation point and stop mutating. So again it has not grown in
5yrs. The doctors want to cut me and take it out. I don't want to do that,  
So I also have hep c and they are blocking the Harvoni until the gist is addressed. I might
add that the surgeon at first did not want to operate because there are to many veins
around the tumor, so he sent me to an oncology Dr for imatinib. The oncology Dr sent
me back to  general surgery. I have yet to see him. Either way I think it is better to deal
with the Hep C first. They have recently spotted a lesion on the liver. The panel 7 is
pretty good with just a few out of range. I have heard the Harvoni is about 90% fixable.
Just wondering what someone else is thinking about this

Thx for reading
Mike
Dealing with something similar myself. Long standing chronic liver disease now suddenly with a bunch of new, fast growing mesenteric tumors. We're still assessing the malignancy issues (tumors elsewhere too). They indicate surgery.